Gardens in bloom - add your pics throughout 2020!

That darn virus has left us unable to visit and enjoy other people’s gardens. Let’s have some virtual tours by sharing pictures of colourful things from our own yards as they bloom this spring and summer.

Here are a few from my yard (early April):

Please reply with your own photos!

3 Likes

Sempervivum red rubin, grape hyacinth, artichoke just popping up, a sedum, PJM rhodo, scentacular hyacinth. Bring on spring!

2 Likes

So much cheerful colour for this time of year. Something we can all do with, I’m sure. Here’s some of ours…

1 Like

Grape hyacinths. I love their vivid blue against the lush green of their foliage.

2 Likes

2 Likes

The cherry-plum that grew from the rootstock of a grafted golden plum that died off. It is one of the very first blooming trees around.

1 Like

@jono Is that a clematis on bloom already?

11 posts were split to a new topic: Growing Rosemary in the Valley

Yes a clematis armandii (evergreen). It’s a profilic grower, I’m always having to hack it back so it’s probably not reaching it’s flowering potential!

1 Like

@lorna.doucette I’ve never had success with artichokes, they just seem to wither and die after producing a miserably small flower. How do yours do?

Interesting that yours die. We planted two last year in our hottest most protected area (where the rosemary was :frowning: ) South facing against some rocks. Both produced two decent tasty heads (is that what they’re called?) and then about 4 smaller ones not worth eating. Beware…earwigs hide in between the petals! Hoping for a better crop this year now that they’re established. They are fun to watch regardless. I DO love perennial veggies!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Protecting early tomato starts

4 Likes

P1040964 P1040960
Giving thanks many times a day for the beautiful tulips I purchased from the Hort Soc last autumn - Giving me so much pleasure! Thank you!

5 Likes

Some of the Blooms in our Barker Garden

4 Likes

That dogwood is gorgeous!!

Gorgeous Camellia, Connie, and the rest of your garden too!

1 Like

Beautiful blooms. So uplifting for you especially this spring

1 Like

Already had the broken large pot, then the other day I received a Mother’s Day gift and it was in 100 pieces. So what to do with a broken pot… get creative! Planted with miniature hosta, miniature blue-eyed grasses, alpine snowbell, and a maple and 2 junipers which I will bonsai as they grow.

4 Likes

What a great idea! That’s going to look fabulous once it grows in.