Gardens in bloom - add your pics throughout 2020!

Hi Linda; fabric is flexible, mobile and light unlike plywood. I need to sometimes bring the backdrop to the plant rather than move a heavy tree. I am sure I can find some grey velour on line or in a bigger city.
Regards
Frank
PS Some swifts are still hanging around. (16 last night)

Some of our late May blooms - Alium (?) and Deutzia shrub, which the bees love; Jupiter’s Beard for the butterflies; and Manchurian Walnut tree sought out by hummingbirds.

3 Likes

Dysosma Versipelle - Love the flower pods under the huge leaves.

Japanese Primroses just coming out

1 Like

Last baby to fly the coop. No practice, mom flew in and literally shoved the poor things out the hole.

4 Likes

@graflh Your garden is amazing! You should be doing an open garden tour when all this is over!!

1 Like

@Greenthumbgranny what an amazing photo!

Stood at the kitchen window for ages as the babies just didn’t want to take the plunge. Mean old mom!

1 Like

what sort of black boxes are those that the tomatoes are in?

Those are storage bins that we got from Home Depot a few years ago, but I believe they still sell them. They are very sturdy and are made to stack. As a result, the lid fits underneath the bin perfectly to serve as a tray. The lid is corrugated such that the bottom of the bin doesn’t sit in water. Before using, we drilled holes in the bottoms to allow water to drain and lined them with landscaping fabric to hold back the soil. They are great in the greenhouse and are big enough to hold two large plants (approximately 30" l x 20" w x 14" h).

2 Likes

4 Likes

Couple of photos from my Comox yard in May.
First one: bronze weigela, Nepeta ‘Walkers’ low’, Helichrysum angustifolium (curry plant), and rosemary.

Comox weigela rosemary nepeta May18

Peonies of course; so glorious this year.

3 Likes

More from Comox.
Thanks to whoever put the clary sage plant in the Spring Plant sale in 2017. Planted one, now have many. Catches the eye of many people who walk by.
Photo from June 10th shows the unfolding of the flowers.

Photo from June 12th; bee and wonderfully complex flowers.

More Nepeta, bumblebee and Physocarpus (possibly opulifolius ‘Luteus’), which was also a Spring Plant sale purchase.

4 Likes

@Likes_birds these are gorgeous photos and your garden looks lovely! This is such a beautiful time of year.

What’s that saying again… “nature, red in tooth and claw”. Mother bird takes no nonsense!

My plants of Clary Sage are amazing. I love this biennial herb. I think I brought plants to both the Opportunity Table and to our sale as when I started my first plants the germination was 100% .

Hey Connie. Thanks for the clary sage! I gave some seeds to a friend who planted them in a community garden near Riley Park in Vancouver.

This is just part of my Cary Sage plants. Have cut most down now as other nearby plants need space.

5 Likes

How pretty. The bees must love them!

Elizabeth