Spartacus Tree Frogs

We are nominating our numerous tree frogs because they are faithful friends: besides eating garden pests, they croak along to music coming through our doors and windows (they are especially fond of reggae, but then, who isn’t); their propensity for sitting in the prettiest flowers in our garden proves they are classy amphibians.

30 Likes

Fantastic photos! I hope frogs move in to my yard one day.

Yes, and all we have for water is a small gurgler; plus a swale two blocks away.

Those are really stunning photos, of publishable quality,I’m sure. I haven’t seen a tree frog for several years,but they are very cute!

Thanks! I started the season hoping I could get a frog photo in each different dahlia in our garden. Seems we have too many dahlias, but we have a lot of photos, and still several weeks before the dahlias quit.

Wow, you are lucky to have so many tree frogs hanging out in your garden. What’s your secret? Do they just love dahlias?

Fabulous! I wish I could find my choir!

They also inhabit the canna, the berberis, witch hazel, and assorted other spots. I think it must be the number of small insects for them to eat…

We used to have tree frogs. Now it seems as if all we have is bull frogs. Alas!

How lovely! Maybe that’s where our tree frogs went. We used to have a couple. Maybe they needed more friends

And they can be very noisy! But nice to know that they are there for us.
Cathy

Yes, they sometimes decide to start croaking in the middle of the night!

hi Linda,
it is quite probable that the bullfrogs ate their cousins. they are rapacious eaters

I love the photos of the tree frogs. Would it be OK with you if I used those photos for a virtual garden tour I do for my PROBUS group?

Absolutely. If you need more, let me know.

2 Likes