Someone who sharpens pruning shears?

A friend is looking for someone to sharpen her pruning shears. Does anyone have a contact for that service? Thanks!

1 Like

There is a home based knife sharpener who does excellent work for “anything” that needs sharpening, including pruning shears and his fees are very reasonable.

Ron at Valley Knife Sharpening
250-465-0490
fourdayz@gmail.com

His shop is in the basement of his home but he has a side door so it’s easy to keep your distance for COVID safety. Drive up Lake Trail Road and turn right onto the Comox Logging Road, right onto Marsden and R onto England. Last house on the left

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll pass the information on to my friend. There are probably other gardeners who will be happy to hear about Ron.

Last year I had my garden shears sharpened by The Slice King. He lives in the Old Orchard area, and I was happy with his work. In the summer he is often at the Farmer’s Market outside in the parking lot.

This year for my secateurs I am going to try doing it myself. I bought a Greenhouse Pro multi sharpener from Midland Tools for $11.99, and it was easy to use. Art Knapp also sells the Greenhouse Pro sharpener but for more money. Lee Valley sells a fancier contraption that looks foolproof.

Jane Lucas

2 Likes

Thanks. Good contact and info!

The Slice King (Shane) did mine as well as my knives. Most weekends outside at the farmers market. Very reasonable price.

1 Like

Thanks. These are all good resources as we prepare for spring!