Options for Hedge "Additions"?

We moved here 3 years ago and the side yard was a mess. After cleaning it up, I realized that, at some point, there must have been a Laurel hedge along the side yard. I wanted to see if the plants would grow if cared for, and they are now all doing very well. They are about 3 feet tall and are spaced approximately 2’-3’ apart. My question is this: what are some options for plants to plant inbetween the laurels? It is a warm and sunny spot, quite dry, needs to be a bit on the hardy side in terms of being bummed into (beside a driveway). I would really like something with some visual appeal, such as a flower, or colorful leaves. Maybe bee friendly?The target size for the hedge would be 4’-5’ tall and 2’-3’ wide. Any ideas area appreciated! Thank you…

Hi Adena, if your Laurels are planted that close together and growing nicely, you won’t have room for anything between them. Laurels get huge and form a really nice hedge that will require pruning faithfully every year. We have a massive laurel hedge that is over 10’ tall by about the same width. Nothing else would compete with them!

1 Like

Thanks Kim! I appreciate your response. Okay…sigh…I will be patient and wait :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like