Native Plant Sources

I would like to start a list of native plant sources on Vancouver Island, and other recommended sources (off island, mail order, etc.) for our members and readers. Please provide as much information as you can, including websites, email, etc.

Thanks

2 Likes

I will start it off with Streamside Native Plant Nursery

Contact information:
Streamside Native Plants
7455 Island Highway West
Bowser, British Columbia
Canada, V0R 1G0
Phone: 250-757-9999
Toll Free: 877-570-3138
E-mail: orderdesk@streamsidenativeplants.com

I have contacted the new owners, and they are open for business! Spring time hours are Tuesday to Friday 0900 to 1700, Saturday 0900 to 1500. They say they will be reducing their hours during the summer, but will also be open by appointment if needed.

1 Like

For small quantities of native seed I have had good success with:
Northwest Meadowscapes
1240 W. Sims Way
Port Townsend Wa.
USA98368
info@northwestmeadowscapes.com

[

Stellata Plants is a small specialty nursery located on the Saanich Peninsula of Vancouver Island. They offer a growing range of drought tolerant plants 
 I follow her on Instagram and she worked in England at Beth Chatto Gardens so has great experience . She is adapting to the Island with Native Plants.

Satin Flower Plants in Saanich has a broad range of plants, but they are popular and sometimes out of stock! Isn’t that wonderful
 natives are catching on!
They also sell seeds.
They specialize in plants from southern Vancouver Island but there is overlap with us.

Satinflower Nurseries
741 Haliburton Road
Victoria, BC Canada
W̱SÁNEĆ Territory
OPEN: Tuesday to Saturday
9 am - 4 pm
Closed Sunday & Monday
and Statutory Holidays
Phone: 778 679-3459
Email: info@satinflower.ca

1 Like

Update on Streamside Native Plants, thanks to Kathy for this information:

Streamside Native Plants no longer offers 10% to garden club members, but instead provides a graduated discount (5-20%) to all home gardeners and landscapers – please see details at http://www.streamsidenativeplants.com/streamside_retail.html

Summer and Fall Hours for 2022 (July 1 - December 16)
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - by appointment only. We will accommodate as many requests as possible.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., or by appointment.
Sunday - closed.
Please check our website again in January to find out our spring hours for 2023.

One thing your members might be interested in is that we are going to use Facebook to post sales and announce new inventory that has become available.