June 10, 2023 Open Garden Tour

June 10, 2023 Open Garden Tour at Growing Concern Cottage Garden

Visitors had a fresh, just-sprinkled morning tour of this lovely garden that appeared to be at its peak with so many plants in bloom. This is a mature garden with amazingly full perennial borders, a lovely borrowed view of pastural fields, twisty mulched paths that lead to beautiful surprises and aged-to-perfection patina-ed outbuildings. We’re sure many visitors were envious of the tomato set up (photo following).

Many thanks to the homeowners Leslie, the Duchess of Dirt, and her husband, John, the Duke of Compost for opening their garden and answering many questions. If anyone is interested in reading further about this garden, see https://duchessofdirt.ca/about/. The website contains lots of useful information.

As well, the Duchess and Duke have just finished a pond renovation and they have many plants for sale (stand is open Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 11-4, or by appointment).

More photos can be seen on the CVHS Facebook page here: Comox Valley Horticultural Society

@duchessofdirt

2 Likes

This garden was such an inspiration! I got so many great ideas, now I just need the time and muscle to put them into place :slight_smile:

Thanks Leslie & John!

And I’m so looking forward to seeing the 100 varieties of roses at this coming Saturday’s tour in Fanny Bay!

2 Likes