ISO good vegetable garden soil

Can anyone recommend a local source for good soil that I can grow veggies in this year? I need 4-6 yards delivered.

Welcome!
I have been getting my soil, mulch and gravel from Black Gold Landscaping in Courtenay. Check out their website.

1 Like

We have bought 450 cubic yards in 4 batches from Vancouver Island Enterprises at the Airport. I always get a mix of 25 percent compost and 75 percent topsoil. Fast friendly service and good price. The mix is ready to grow veggies, flowers and weeds! Don’t forget to add a good fertilizer blend of Nitrogen, Phosphorus and potassium. Their phone number is 250-334-5364.

2 Likes

Personally…we will never buy from Black Gold in the future. We bought from them 3 yr in a row and always with very disappointing results. Much of which they were not willing to accept fault for!?? Lots of rocks in the soil etc.

1 Like

We have bought « Garden mix » from Vancouver Island Enterprises on Knight Rd. for 6 or 7 years. They cheerfully deliver 4 yards or so for us to spread over all the beds.
We augment with compost from our Speedibin (a great rat proof bin that generates usable compost quickly - a Hort Society member produces them!), occasional buckets of well aged horse manure and, in the fall, a blanket of seaweed, that gets covered with the garden mix in spring.

2 Likes

We have used mostly soil from Black Gold Landscaping and have been very pleased with it. We did use another company one year, but we found that there were a lot of weeds seeds in it that were sprouting in the soil piles even before we put it in the beds.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.