Gardens in bloom - add your pics throughout 2020!

@jono Is that a clematis on bloom already?

11 posts were split to a new topic: Growing Rosemary in the Valley

Yes a clematis armandii (evergreen). It’s a profilic grower, I’m always having to hack it back so it’s probably not reaching it’s flowering potential!

1 Like

@lorna.doucette I’ve never had success with artichokes, they just seem to wither and die after producing a miserably small flower. How do yours do?

Interesting that yours die. We planted two last year in our hottest most protected area (where the rosemary was :frowning: ) South facing against some rocks. Both produced two decent tasty heads (is that what they’re called?) and then about 4 smaller ones not worth eating. Beware…earwigs hide in between the petals! Hoping for a better crop this year now that they’re established. They are fun to watch regardless. I DO love perennial veggies!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Protecting early tomato starts

4 Likes

P1040964 P1040960
Giving thanks many times a day for the beautiful tulips I purchased from the Hort Soc last autumn - Giving me so much pleasure! Thank you!

5 Likes

Some of the Blooms in our Barker Garden

4 Likes

That dogwood is gorgeous!!

Gorgeous Camellia, Connie, and the rest of your garden too!

1 Like

Beautiful blooms. So uplifting for you especially this spring

1 Like

Already had the broken large pot, then the other day I received a Mother’s Day gift and it was in 100 pieces. So what to do with a broken pot… get creative! Planted with miniature hosta, miniature blue-eyed grasses, alpine snowbell, and a maple and 2 junipers which I will bonsai as they grow.

4 Likes

What a great idea! That’s going to look fabulous once it grows in.

Its beautiful–gardeners are a resourceful bunch!

Being stuck at home I’ve barely been in to my front yard lately! Almost missed seeing the irises there :smile:

3 Likes

Some of my early May flowers.

I really like how the forget-me-nots are establishing in this bed, contrasting with the colour of the blue spruce.

the lily of the valley is filling in finally.

4 Likes

Artichoke is producing…so excited!

2 Likes

Vegetable boxes are becoming lush

3 Likes

I’ve only tried artichokes once, and they were a miserable failure. What sort of placement are you giving them? Do they need full sun all day or can they do with less?