FARM STAND, 5000 Willis Way

Plants donated by members of CVHS - right now we have bare root iris. This is a perfect time to buy them at $2 a root, which is less than half the price if they are potted up in a one gallon container. We have: PINK, PEACH, BLUE, YELLOW/PURPLE, WHITE/PURPLE and more coming in.

Also have veggies as they are ready from my garden - green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, kale; and the girls have just started laying so I have eggs once or twice a week. Always fresh.

We have some handmade bracelets by the little girl next door; quilted pot holders/trivets; cards, and more to come. Always something new.

3 Likes

Time for me to find more plants for you (and resist the irises; we truly have no room for More iris.

1 Like

Thanks so much for managing the CVHS farm stand! You’re wonderful!

1 Like

How long could I wait before planting up bare root iris that are already dug up?

The sooner you can plant them the better, you can cover the top of the rhizome with soil about an inch, this will give it some winter protection, water them well, as when they were newly dug or a few days old the roots start to dry, but that is ok, it will still grow if you keep the soil moist. Come spring you can hose that inch of soil off the top of the rhizome and allow the sun on it, they love the heat.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.